A COVID-19 & Food Safety Global Summit, organized by the International Association for Food Protection and sponsored by Marler Clark LLP PS, is a two-hour virtual international event set for July 29.
The summit will bring together scientific experts, regulatory officials, academics, and industry executives worldwide to better understand the threat and challenges the virus poses to food and food handlers.
The current list of panelists includes LeeAnne Jackson, Co-Chair of FDA’s Food and Agriculture Sector’s Government Coordinating Council; Gudrun Gallhoff, Minister Counsellor for Health & Food in the Delegation of the European Union in Beijing; Chen Junshi, China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment’s Chief Scientific Advisor; John Donaghy, Nestle’s Head of Food Safety; and Markus Lipp, head of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations’ Food Safety and Quality Unit. Marler Clark’s managing partner, Bill Marler, among others, is also scheduled to participate..
The event’s agenda includes:
- COVID-19, food safety and security – a global perspective
- How can regulators support food safety and food security in times of a pandemic?
- How can we best translate new knowledge to create best practices and promote risk reduction?
- International Issues in Food Production
- An overall risk-based approach for COVID-19 management includes appropriately directed hygiene protocols, training and verification.
- Considerations for developing and implementing an optimal hygiene program
- Best practices for implementing physical distancing
- Suppliers and food chain dynamics
A report on the summit highlights will be published by Food Safety News and the Journal of Food Protection, the official media partners of the event.
Register online at: http://www.worldservicesltd.com/covidsummit/regform.htm.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here.)