Two patrons sickened with E. coli at Ambassel Restaurant in Seattle filed a lawsuit against the restaurant on Thursday. Both are represented by food safety law firm Marler Clark, which underwrites Food Safety News. Plaintiffs Sarah Schacht and Alison Cardinal ate at Ambassel on February 8 and 15, respectively. They fell ill with symptoms of E. coli infection and then tested positive for E. coli O157:H7 after seeking medical care. Tests confirmed that the bacteria found in the two girls were a genetic match. This round of illness marks Schacht’s second E. coli infection. She was first infected more than 20 years ago as part of the 1993 Jack in the Box E. coli outbreak at the age of 13 and represented by Bill Marler, now principal at Marler Clark. The Seattle-King County Public Health Department closed Ambassel on March 6 after linking the establishment to the outbreak. The closure notification cited the restaurant for five safety violations, including causing a foodborne illness outbreak. Other violations included foods not being protected from cross-contamination, improperly sanitized equipment and poor personal hygiene among employees due to inadequate handwashing facilities.