Lancaster Frozen Foods and G&W Incorporated are recalling about 6,908 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli, according to the South Carolina meat and poultry inspection department.
Lab testing by the meat and poultry inspection department confirmed a positive result for E.coli in a ground product at Lancaster Frozen Foods. That lot was held by the company, but additional ungroud product from the same lot had been used in other production lots resulting in the recall.
No illnesses have been reported.
The recalled beef products were produced between March 2 and May 11 at Lancaster Frozen Foods and between March 2 and April 12 at G&W. Products were delivered to wholesale and retail establishments in South Carolina. One direct delivery went to General IGA in Walterboro, S.C.
The recall is for:
– 5 lb. bulk packages “Lancaster Frozen Foods Fresh Ground Beef” with Est. # 20 inside the SC mark of inspection.
– 10 lb, boxes of beef patties “Lancaster Frozen Foods Ground Beef Patties” with Est. # 20 inside the SC mark of inspection.
– Various size tray packs of ground beef “Lancaster Frozen Foods Fresh Ground Beef”
– 5 lb. bulk packages “G&W Brand Hamburger” with Est. # 30 inside the SC mark of inspection.
– 10 lb. boxes of hamburger patties “G&W Brand Hamburger Patties” with Est. # 30 inside the SC mark of inspection.
– Various size packages of hamburger “G&W Brand Hamburger”
For more information about the recall contact JoAnna Clayton for G&W, Incorporated and Lancaster Frozen Foods at 803-925-2147 or Kevin Butler for General IGA at 843-549-8585