Pennsylvania officials warned consumers earlier this month that they should immediately discard all raw milk from Conoco View Dairy because it was contaminated with Campylobacter, which can cause serious infections and is killed by pasteurization.

As of Monday, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, which issued the warning Feb. 15, had not received any reports of…

A coast-to-coast outbreak of Salmonella infections have been linked to kratom products, spurring a warning from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The federal agency had received confirmation of 28 people across 20 states with infections from Salmonella I 4,[5],12:b:- as of Feb. 16, according to the outbreak notice posted today. Eleven of the…

New York officials again today warned the public to immediately dispose of unpasteurized Breese Hollow Dairy raw milk because of Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The state has issued Listeria alerts for the dairy’s raw milk at least three other times since 2007.

The David Phippen Farm, which operates under the Breese Hollow name, suspended operations on…

A pizza restaurant in Alabama is working with the state Department of Public Health, after discovering that one of the restaurant’s food handlers is infected with hepatitis A.

The health department (ADPH) has contacted many customers of Marco’s Pizza in Anniston, AL, directly regarding the highly contagious virus, according to a news release. Post-exposure treatment…

The Maryland Department of Health is warning consumers to not eat Caribeña’s brand yellow Maradol papayas because they could be contaminated with salmonella bacteria.

The yellow papayas have been distributed to stores throughout the state of Maryland.

State officials discovered the contamination in the course of an ongoing Salmonella case investigation, according to the June

More than one in six people in the United States are poisoned by adulterated food each year, and more than 3,000 of them die, with the CDC estimating the numbers are actually 30 times higher when you consider under reporting and unconfirmed cases of disease.  These cases of preventable diseases cause many other impacts on…

New York officials have warned the public to not eat Phil Am branded smoked mackerel — Hasa Hasa — because it was not eviscerated and could contain spores that cause botulism poisoning.

recalled Phil Am smoked mackerel labelThe fish is a product of the Philippines and is sold by the Asian Supermarket Group Inc. of Albany, NY, according to the

Quartermaster Harbor on Vashon-Maury Island in Puget Sound is closed to recreational shellfish harvesting until further notice because of unsafe levels of paralytic shellfish poison (PSP). The Washington Department of Health posted the closure today for recreational harvesting, noting that the harbor remains open to commercial harvest. Quartermaster Harbor is the area with the crosshatch markings. Quartermaster Harbor is the…

Michigan public health officials are urging consumers to avoid drinking or serving unpasteurized, raw milk because of two recent cases of E. coli infections in young children. Both of the children, in Oakland and Wayne counties, consumed raw milk in the days before becoming sick with what turned out to be E. coli O157:H7. milking cow in barnyard“Raw…