Shopaax.com in Newark, DE is recalling all lots of Kingdom Honey Royal Honey VIP because it contains undeclared Sildenafil, the active ingredient in the FDA-approved prescription drug Viagra, used to treat erectile dysfunction.
The recall was initiated after FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that Kingdom Honey Royal Honey VIP contains Sildenafil.
The FDA sent a warning letter to the company, as well as three other honey companies, about the presence of active drug ingredients in their products.
FDA approval of Viagra is restricted to use under the supervision of a licensed health care professional. The use of products with the undeclared active ingredient may pose a threat to consumers because the active ingredient may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs (such as nitroglycerin) and may cause a significant drop in blood pressure that may be life-threatening. People with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease often take nitrates. Among the adult male population who are most likely to use these products, adult males who use nitrates for cardiac conditions are at the most at risk from these products.
- The product comes in a golden box and contains 12 sachets of 20 grams of honey with different expiration dates stamped on the back side.
- It is promoted and sold for sexual enhancement on various websites, including www.shopaax.com and possibly in some retail stores.
- The company began selling this product on Shopaax.com on 02/2021 and was suspended on 07/2022.
The selling of this product has been suspended.
The company has temporarily removed all other products on the website pending investigation. The product may still be available on other websites and retail stores.
Consumers who have purchased Kingdom Honey Royal Honey VIP on Shopaax.com are urged to immediately discontinue use and return recalled products.
Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this product.
Have you had a reaction to this product?
Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.
- Complete and submit the report Online
- Regular Mail or Fax: Download form or call 1- 800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here)