SEATTLE — Mitch Chait, CEO of Greenforce, Mike Robach, GFSI Board Chair and Femi Oke, GFSI 2020 host, on Thursday recognized the winners of the 2020 Global Market Awards.
The awards are given to small and ambitious companies from around the world that have used GFSI’s Global Markets Program and have a world-class food safety system. The recognition this week comes during the group’s annual conference.
This year the four winners there were selected from 23 applicants from nine countries. Six members on the selection committee took more than three months for evaluations.
This year’s winners
- Luna Slaughterhouse P.L.C., Ethiopia
- Tesfalidat Hagos, General Manager of Luna Slaughterhouse P.L.C. was present to accept the award. “We care about your food. That is our model,” he said. He promised that his company will not stop here but, “will make more progress in food safety.”
- ALACOR S.A., Argentina
- Leandro Lofgren, Food Safety Manager at ALACOR S. A., received the award on behalf of his company. “We never imagined being able to come all this way when we started,” he said after thanking the committee and conference attendees.
- LINYA SMAKU L.L.C., Ukraine
- Klavdiia Duman, Deputy Production Director of LINYA SMAKU L.L.C. said, “We have not received a single complaint from a customer in the last three years. It has been a long journey and hard work. We are happy to be part of the GFSI community.”
- Shanghai Mcvolf Food Co., Ltd, China
- Albert Sze, Manager at Shanghai Mcvolf Food Co., Ltd, who was absent due to a current travel ban, sent word that “What he is looking forward to the future, is to use more innovative technologies to improve their food safety culture.”
GFSI’s YouTube channel shared a video about 2019’s winner from Africa, Golden Sugar Company. The video interviews Veronica Kalu-Ufe, Quality Assurance Manager and Food Safety Team Leader at the company.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here)