A foodborne parasite detected in two patients in a Chinese hospital has been traced to consumption of raw wild centipedes, according to a case report by the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.

Researchers from the Southern Medical University and Zhujiang Hospital in Guangzhou said it’s the first time the Angiostrongylus cantonensis parasite —…

At least 400 people have been infected by Cyclospora parasites in two separate outbreaks associated with vegetable-dip trays from Del Monte and salads from McDonald’s.

There isn’t any evidence to indicate the two multi-state outbreaks are related, according to the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

The CDC reported…