The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service are seeking public comments on proposed rules and notices, which are viewable on the FSIS Federal Register & Rulemaking webpage.
Of note is that FSIS extended the written comment period on the proposed Salmonella framework to Dec. 16, 2022. Written comments should be submitted through Regulations.gov. Visit the FSIS website to view the Federal Register notice and details on how to comment.
FSIS is currently seeking comments on the following:
- Until December 16: Proposed Framework for Controlling Salmonella in Poultry
- Until December 27: Notice of Request To Renew an Approved Information Collection: Specified Risk Materials
- Until December 27: Notice of Request To Renew an Approved Information Collection: Permit To Obtain Specimens of Condemned or Other Inedible Materials From Official Establishments
- Until December 30: NACMCF Report: Enhancing Salmonella Control in Poultry Products
- Until January 23: Use of a Non-Destructive Surface Sampling Device to Sample Domestic Beef Manufacturing Trimmings and Bench Trim
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here)