The International Association for Food Protection Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (IAFP DEI) Council is asking for IAFP members to participate in a demographics survey to fulfill their mission. The mission of this council is to advise and lead IAFP in implementing and promoting equitable practices while fostering a culture of inclusivity for all members.
According to the council, the information gathered from this survey will allow the council to:
- Understand the identities of the general membership body;
- Identify if there are groups of embers not currently served; and
- Allow for the establishment of goals for the council
Below are a few specific examples of how the IAFP DEI Council will use the answers to the questions:
- Employment type: This question will assist with determining if there is equity in the type of members of IAFP or if there is a need to increase recruitment to a specific population.
- What is your age range? This question will assist with determining if there is equity in the age populations within IAFP or if there is a need to increase recruitment/retention to a specific age category.
- What is your gender and sexual orientation? This question will assist with determining if there is equity in the populations represented, assist with planning of IAFP meeting facilities, and assist with discussions about affinity group formation.
- What languages do you speak fluently? This question will assist with understanding what languages are spoken by members, if translation services are needed, and what languages are predominant and/or overlooked.
- Please specify any disabilities, This question will assist with the planning of “accessible” IAFP events.
This survey is anonymous, and all questions are optional.
The IAFP DEI Council plans to analyze this survey data, and share a summary of results with the IAFP Executive Board.
The survey can be completed here.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here.)