Mission Foods has recalled its Taco Dinner Kits distributed by Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Hannaford and Food Lion because they may contain milk, an allergen not included on the label.
No adverse reactions have been reported to date in connection with the Taco Dinner Kit products.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume products that contain milk.
The recalled products were distributed by retail grocery stores in the following states:
Kroger: Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska and Tennessee. Stores under the following names where Kroger operates are included in this recall: Kroger, Scott’s, Payless, Owen’s, Food-4-Less in Chicago, JayC, Dillons, Gerbes and Bakers.
Food Lion: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and Ohio
Winn-Dixie: Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama
Being recalled are:
– Kroger Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 crisp shells, sauce and seasoning with UPC code 0-11110-85474-2 dated GA AUG 10 12.
– Winn-Dixie Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 white corn taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-21140-20569-8 dated GA AUG 10 12.
– Hannaford Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-41268-17572-7 dated GA AUG 10 12.
– Hannaford Hard & Soft Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 6 hard tacos and 6 soft tortillas, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-41268-17573-4 dated GA AUG 07 12.
– Food Lion Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-35826-00661-5 dated GA AUG 10 12.
Note, on April 6t Food Lion announced a recall of its Food Lion store brand 13.4 ounce hard/soft taco dinner – sold at Food Lion, Harveys and Reid’s grocery stores with the UPC 3582605118 and dated GA AUG 07 12, which is also part of the affected product.
Food Lion is also recalling additional taco dinner kits, including Food Lion store brand Hard Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count (UPC 35826-00661; Lot #ga-aug10125; Sold at Food Lion, Harveys and Reid’s stores), Hannaford store brand Hard Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count (UPC 41268-17572; Lot #ga-aug10125; Sold at Bloom stores), and Hannaford store brand Hard/Soft Dinner Kit (UPC 41268-17573; Lot #ga-aug07125).
Also, Bottom Dollar Food has recalled Hannaford private label brand Hard Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count (Lot #ga-aug10125; UPC 41268-17572) and Hard/Soft Dinner Kit (Lot #ga-aug07125; UPC 41268-17573). The recalled products were sold in Bottom Dollar Food stores. Hannaford Supermarkets are not affected.
Consumers should return the product to the store where it was purchased for a refund.
For more information contact Mission Foods toll-free at 800-600-8226 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Standard Time or http://qa.missionfoods.com/qualityinternet/missioncontactus.html.