French authorities have warned the public about the risks of confusing toxic and edible plants after the death of a man last month.

In June, a 63-year-old man died after eating water hemlock — also known as water dropwort —  after confusing it with root parsley that he grew and
Continue Reading Death spurs plant warning in France; similar circumstance in Hong Kong

Almost 250 cases of poisonings due to wild mushroom consumption have been reported in France in the past few weeks.

From July to mid-October this year, poison control centers recorded between five and 60 cases a week but 249 poisoning cases have been recorded in recent weeks.

Seven serious cases
Continue Reading Wild mushrooms poisonings in France prompt warning