The deadline for applications for the Student Travel Scholarship to attend IAFP 2023 Annual Meeting in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is Tuesday, Feb. 14.
IAFP will select up to 20 qualified students and award them with a plaque and travel funds to attend the Annual Meeting of the International Association for Food Protection.
Since 2004, the IAFP Foundation has been dedicated to enhancing the career potential of exceptional students through the annual IAFP Student Travel Scholarship Program.
The scholarships are provided through contributions to the IAFP Foundation. Scholarships will be awarded to students from countries with developing economies from outside North America, and from North America. Also, up to two travel scholarships will be awarded to students attending Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) in North America.
Criteria for Applicants:
• Be a Student Member of IAFP
• Be a full-time graduate or undergraduate student
• Demonstrate interest in and commitment to food safety and quality as a student enrolled full-time in a food science, microbiology, toxicology, or other program related to food microbiological or toxicological safety (undergraduate or graduate level) at a college or university at the time of the application deadline
• Submit an application as instructed on the application website by Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023
▪ Outstanding qualifications/contributions made throughout the student’s academic career
▪ Potential value the student possesses toward making significant future contributions in the food safety profession
Applications will be accepted through Feb. 14, 2023. Students can apply here.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here)