A communication breakdown between Milford, TX-based Fran’s Fryers and USDA’s Food Safety and inspection Service (FSIS) personnel led to a small quantity of raw poultry being processed without inspection. No illnesses have been reported, but Fran’s opted to recall 251 pounds of various raw poultry products produced before the problem was resolved. Subjects of the recall include:
- 2-lb. packages of “Boneless Dark 2# Chicken Leg Meat”
- 2-lb. and 5-lb. packages of “Chicken Breast Tenders”
- 3-lb. and 5-lb. packages of “Chicken Bone In Breast”
- 5-lb. package of “Ground Turkey 5#”
- 5-lb. packages of “Cut Up Fryer”
- 5-lb. packages of “Whole Fryers”
Each package bears the establishment number “P 20784” inside the USDA mark of inspection. The products were produced on Nov. 11, 2013, and shipped to retail establishments in Texas. A list of those retailers will be added to the FSIS website shortly. Raw poultry should be handled carefully and cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.