Eight people are sick with E. coli after eating at Jimmy John’s in the Denver metropolitan area. Fox 31 Denver reports that the victims ate at three area Jimmy John’s restaurants between Oct. 7 and 15. “We believe that their illness came from a produce item that was on those sandwiches that they ate,” Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment epidemiologist Alicia Cronquist, told the station. “Our leading hypothesis for what’s happened is that there was a contaminated produce item that was distributed to the stores.” She added that investigators have not identified any food-handling issues at the restaurants that would contribute to illness.