The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Belmont Meats, Ltd. announced this week that the company was expanding a ground beef recall. Belmont Meats recalled some of its Compliments, President’s Choice, Webers Bucket of Burgers and Belmont Meats ground beef products during an expansion of an earlier recall, announced on October 3. According to the CFIA, some of the products may have been distributed across Canada. A distribution list was made available on the agency website. The following UPC codes were associated with the recall:
- Compliments Brand Super 6 Beef Burgers UPC 0 55742 334129 4
- President’s Choice Brand Beef Burgers UPC 0 60383 37167 8
- Webers Bucket of Burgers Brand Beef Burgers UPC 6 27843 06456 5
- Belmont Meats Brand Medium Ground Meat 1 lb blocks UPC 1 006057 733601 9
- Belmont Meats Brand Prime Rib Beef Burgers made with 75% Prime Rib UPC 1 069567 637050 1
The original recall of certain beef burger patties for potential E. coli O157:H7 contamination was initiated during an investigation into an E. coli O157:H7 outbreak.