Ground beef served by Coco Loco A&M, located on George Bush Drive not far from the Texas A&M Golf Course was the likely source of an April E. coli outbreak that sickened ten people in the College Station/Bryan area. Health officials announced their findings at press conference Tuesday after a collaborative investigation involving local, state and federal agencies. The final piece was an investigative report from the Texas Department of State Health Services (Region 7) that was delivered to the Brazos County Health Department Monday. The health officials said that although not 100 percent, it is highly likely that the 5 confirmed cases were linked to the Mexican style restaurant. At the press conference, they said it is not known if the cause was due to improper temperature, improper cooking, or cross-contamination. Five other cases involved in the outbreak went unconfirmed. The sickened adults recovered fairly quickly without hospitalization, but two College Station boys were admitted for a long stay at Children’s Hospital in Houston as they fought off Shiga toxins attacking their kidneys.  Four-year-old Jack Melton has been released from Children’s, while his 18-month-old brother was released today. The investigation was made more difficult by the fact that there were no food samples available so the source could not be tested. The Texas officials said they view the April outbreak as an isolated incident, not on ongoing threat to public health in the communities that surround one of the largest universities in the Lone Star State. No indication was found that it would link the illnesses to meat distribution, the health officials said. They said Coco Loco was cooperative throughout the investigation. The restaurant was inspected before and after the incident. It has implemented a glove only policy, will keep a log for holding and cooking temperatures for meat. BCHD will continue to monitor with an increased number of inspections. They have been following accepted methods for thawing of meats. And most importantly, health officials said, there have been no further cases.