One person is ill and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and New Food Classics are warning the public not to consume certain Country Morning Beef Burgers, no name Club Pack Beef Steakettes, and certain Grillhouse beef burgers because the beef may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
There has been one reported E. coli infection associated with eating these products.
New Food Classics of Burlington, Ontario, is recalling:
– Country Morning Beef Burgers, 1 kg, UPC 0 57316 02941 6, lots 52841 EST 761, 62841 EST 761, 72841 EST 761, 82841 EST 761
– No name Club Pack Beef Steakettes, 2.27 kg, UPC 0 60383 01321 9, lot BB 2012 AL 10 EST 761
Also recalled are these Grillhouse brand products, bearing the establishment number 761:
– Angus Beef Burgers, 4.59 kg, UPC 55377, lot code 11 OC 11
– Beef Burger with Seasoning, 3.2 oz – 4.54 kg, UPC 52988, lot code 11 OC 12
– Beef Burger with Seasoning, 4 oz – 4.54 kg, UPC 52981, lot code 11 OC 12
The Country Morning Beef Burgers were distributed to COOP and TGP grocery stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, North West Territories, Yukon Territories and Nunavut.
The no name Club Pack Beef Steakettes were distributed by Loblaws to the following stores and provinces:
– Ontario: Cash&Carry/RCWC Ontario Corporate, Extra Foods, Freshmart, Loblaws Great Food, no frills, RCWC West Corporate, Real Canadian Superstore, Value-mart, Your Independent Grocer, Zehrs and Zehrs Great Food.
– British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba: Extra Foods, Extra Foods no frills, Real Canadian Superstore West Corporate, Shop Easy/SuperValu, Superstore, Your Independent Grocer.
– North West Territories, Yukon Territories and Nunavut.
The Grillhouse brand products were distributed nationally through restaurants and institutional establishments.
For more information contact New Food Classics at 1-289-398-2009 during business hours, and at 1-647-627-8761 after hours, or CFIA at 1-800-442-2342 / TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday).