The third public meeting hosted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on the newly enacted Food Safety Modernization Act will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 6 at the FDA’s White Oak Campus in Silver Spring, MD.
This meeting will focus on inspections and compliance provisions of the new federal law. Previous meetings, held on March 29 and April 20, dealt with the import and preventive controls provisions under FSMA.
Members of the public will be able to attend three of four breakout sessions, as well as provide information and share views that will help the FDA write guidance and regulations addressing: enforcement authorities; frequency and targeting of facility inspections; manner of inspection in a preventive controls environment; and enhancement of the Reportable Food Registry (RFR).
FDA speakers will include:
• Michael Taylor, deputy commissioner for Foods
• Dara Corrigan, associate commissioner for Regulatory Affairs
• Barbara Cassens, chair, Implementation Team for Inspections and Compliance
• Howard Sklamberg, vice chair, Implementation Team for Inspections and Compliance
• Roberta Wagner, vice chair, Implementation Team for Inspections and Compliance
Preregister to participate at the meeting in Silver Spring or preregister for the Webcast at http://www.blsmeetings.net/FDAInspection&Compliance. Although registration opens at 7:30 a.m. on the day of the meeting, early registration is advised because the facility can accommodate only 200 people.
The meeting location is the FDA White Oak Campus, The Great Room, Building 31, Room 1503, 10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring MD 20993