On Wednesday, August 30, 2006. Jillian Kohl, a thrifty graduate student at the time, ate a spinach salad. Several days later the 24-year-old marathon runner began feeling ill and called her mother, who recommended resting.
Alexa Nemeth and is currently a student at Washington State University majoring in Pre-Law Political Science with minors in Philosophy and Business Administration. She is originally from Seattle and hopes to attend law school there; currently she is interested in pursuing Health Law. Alexa is a junior and will be applying to law schools next fall. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity for women and is involved in many on campus activities including Pre-law Society. Her favorite activity is running.
It isn’t uncommon for home gardeners in older cities to find a significant amount of lead in their backyard soil, so many build raised beds and bring in freshly composted soil to avoid the problem.
To celebrate Thanksgiving here at Food Safety News we’re hosting our fourth virtual potluck (we’ve also held virtual picnics on Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and Labor Day).
We’ll be having turkey, of
In honor of Thanksgiving here at Food Safety News we’re hosting our fourth virtual potluck (we’ve also held virtual picnics on Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and Labor Day).
We’ll be having turkey, of
A Kansas State University epidemiologist has received a $2 million grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to improve food safety by managing antibiotic resistance in beef and dairy cattle.
H. Morgan Scott, a professor
With research suggesting that diets with inadequate sodium-to-magnesium and sodium-to-potassium ratios may be as much of a problem as diets with too much sodium, the Scoular Company has created Smart Salt, a product it says
Five persons were taken into custody in Berbice, Guyana, as health authorities investigated why more than 100 people became ill after having lunch at a community-policing retreat on Sunday.
According to the Stabroek News,
A company that makes antimicrobial products, including highchairs and baby changing tables, says it found restaurant highchairs that were harboring more bacteria than public toilet seats.
London’s Daily Mail reported that Microban, which produces products
Each year 5.5 billion lunches and 2 billion breakfasts are served in schools in the United States, and The Center for Ecoliteracy sees each one of them as an opportunity to improve childhood nutrition.
Better use of information technology might help minimize the next big foodborne illness outbreak, says Daniel Castro of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF).
Writing in the foundation’s newsletter, Castro says IT innovations
People who fell ill after visiting the Russian pavilion at Winnipeg’s Folklorama in August had likely eaten fruit compote contaminated with E. coli, according to the Winnipeg Health Authority.
A report published by the…
Continue Reading Winnipeg E. coli Outbreak Linked to Fruit Compote