Green Valley Foods in Devils Lake, ND, is recalling approximately 4,062 pounds of frozen meat pizza products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, according to USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS)
. The product contains soy, a known allergen not declared on the product label.
The frozen meat pizza items were produced from September 20, 2022, through September 20, 2023, and may contain lot codes 2632 through 2633. The following products are subject to recall:
- 22.75-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing pieces of “GRUBBERPUTZ’S TACO PREMIUM PIZZA Made with Taco Sauce, Refried Beans, Beef, Taco Filling, Cheddar Cheese, Taco Tortilla Chips.”
- 24.25-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing “GRUBBERPUTZ’S 3-MEATER PREMIUM PIZZA Made with Pepperoni, Canadian Style Bacon, Pork Sausage”.
- 23.1-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing “GRUBBERPUTZ’S HOG UNIT PREMIUM PIZZA Made with Canadian Style Bacon, Bacon, Jalapeno Peppers, BBQ Sauce”.
- 24.5-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing “GRUBBERPUTZ’S HOUSE SPECIAL PREMIUM PIZZA Made with Pepperoni, Pork Sausage, Green Pepper, Red Pepper, Onions, Mushrooms.”
- 21.75-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing “GRUBBERPUTZ’S PEPPERONI PREMIUM PIZZA Pepperoni made with Pork, Beef”.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “M- 47285” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to Minnesota, Montana, and North Dakota retail locations.
The mistake was discovered during routine FSIS testing when in-plant personnel identified and verified that the product contained soy, which was not declared on the label.
There have not yet been any confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS is concerned that some products may be in consumers’ freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify that recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to ensure that the product is no longer available to consumers.
[To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here.)