Groupe Colabor Inc. is recalling Viandes Lauzon brand lean ground veal from the Canadian marketplace due to possible E. coli O157:NM contamination.
The recalled product was sold to hotels, restaurants, institutions, daycare and healthcare facilities in Quebec and includes the following:
|Code(s) on Product
|Lean Ground Veal
|2 x 2.5 kg
Facilities are being told to check for the recalled product and either throw it out or return it to the supplier. This recall was triggered by the company. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings. CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace. Food contaminated with E. coli O157:NM may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea. In severe cases of illness, some people may have seizures or strokes, need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis or live with permanent kidney damage. In severe cases of illness, people may die. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product. If you ate any of the affected product(s) and experienced illness as a result, please contact your healthcare provider and/or notify your local health department so tests can be conducted on either food or human samples and results can be reported to the appropriate public health agencies.