A total of 17 individuals from three states were part of a Salmonella outbreak linked to raw cashew cheese, according to a final update issued Friday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Residents of California (15), Nevada (1) and Wyoming (1) all fell ill with Salmonella infections after eating the non-dairy product made from raw cashews and other ingredients and sold by The Cultured Kitchen. The Cultured Kitchen recalled its raw cashew cheese on Dec. 31 for potential Salmonella contamination. The Salmonella outbreak stretched between November and January. Those who fell ill ranged in age from two to 83. Among 15 people whose information was available, three were hospitalized. CDC stated that the outbreak associated with The Cultured Kitchen appears to be over; however, the recalled cashew cheese could still be in customers’ homes as the recalled products had an expiration date of April 19, 2014, or earlier.