Carlisle FoodService Products of Oklahoma City has recalled about 111,000 melamine cups and mugs after receiving three reports that they may shatter when exposed to hot liquids.
No injuries have been reported, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission news release.
Nine models of Carlisle cups and mugs, sold nationally through distributor outlets and online, including to food service companies and equipment supply distributers, are part of the recall.
The recalled melamine cups and mugs, imported from China, range in size 7 to 16 oz. and from 2 to 3 inches tall and were available in white, green, red, brown, black, ocean blue, sand, honey yellow, bone and sunset orange. Go here to see product photos.
The name “Carlisle OKC, OK” and model number are imprinted on the bottom, along with “Made in China” and “NSF.” Some may also include the model name and size, such as “Durus 7 oz. cup.”
The recall is for:
– Sierrus™ Mug, 7.8 oz., model # 33056
– Durus® Challenge Cup, 7.8 oz., model # 43056
– Dallas Ware® Stacking Cup, 7 oz., model # 43546
– Dayton™ Stacking Cup, 7 oz., model # 43870
– Kingline™ Ovide Cup, 7 oz., model # KL300
– Kingline™ Stacking Cup, 7 oz., model # KL111
– Melamine Stackable Mug, 8 oz., model # 4510
– Cappuccino Mug, 12 oz., model # 4812
– Cappuccino Mug, 16 oz., model # 4816
The mugs were sold between January 2011 and January 2012 for between $4 and $10 each.
The mugs should not be used and may be returned for credit toward a future purchase of Carlisle FoodService Products merchandise. Carlisle will provide instructions for free return shipping.
For more information contact Carlisle FoodService Products at 800-217-8859 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s website at www.carlislefsp.com/productsafety