Winn-Dixie is recalling Sunrise Assorted Flavor Gummy Bears sold in the self-serve bulk bins at five store produce departments in Florida and Louisiana between November 14 and December 13 due to what the company calls “a remote possibility of metal contamination.”
The company’s recall notice says there have been no reports of illness, but does not disclose why metal contamination is a possibility.
The recalled gummy bears were sold at these Winn-Dixie stores:
– St. Johns Commons – 2220 County Road 210 W, Jacksonville, FL 32259
– Concord Shopping Mall – 11241 S.W. 40th Street, Miami, FL 33165
– Pepper Tree Plaza – 5600 West Sample Road, Margate, FL 33073
– Main Street Square – 7800 S. hwy 17-92, Fern Park, FL 32730
– 70431 Hwy 21, Covington, LA 70433
Customers who bought the recalled gummy bears can return them for a refund. For more information contact the Winn-Dixie Guest Service Center toll free at 1-866-WINN-DIXIE (866-946-6349).