According to the New York Department of Health, an outbreak of food poisoning following a July 31 catered wedding reception was caused by Staphylococcus aureus. Approximately 35 people were sickened after the reception at Arrowhead Lodge at Oneida Shores Park, which is owned by Onandaga County. Nine went to local hospital emergency rooms. Health department officials told local media that samples from those sickened tested in the laboratory were positive for S. aureus enterotoxin infection, a type of food poisoning. Food items can be contaminated with S. aureus bacteria by food service workers who handle food without washing their
Continue Reading Food Poisoning at NY Catered Wedding Reception Caused by S. Aureus