Tama Corporation of Doral, FL is recalling 24-ounce containers of “Queso de Mano PAISA” because of contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.

The company was informed by the co-packer of their”Queso de Mano PAISA,” that a batch of 18 cases distributed in Salt Lake City, UT, was suspicious of Listeria monocytogenes contamination.  It has been confirmed that a sample from this batch is contaminated.

Recalled product:

  • The recalled “Queso de Mano Paisa” was only sold in Utah, at Rancho Markets stores.
  • The product is packaged in a 24-ounce plastic container. Recalled lot number is: 2420104. BEST BY MAY 16, 2024
  • Lot code can be found on the clear plastic lid of the container. Product UPC: 838795000338.

As of the posting of this recall, no illnesses have been reported in connection with this problem.

Consumers who have purchased this product are urged not to consume it. This product should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.

About Listeria infections
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still cause severe and sometimes life-threatening infections. Anyone who has eaten any recalled product and developed symptoms of Listeria infection should seek medical treatment and tell their doctors about possible Listeria exposure.

Also, anyone who has eaten recalled products should monitor themselves for symptoms during the coming weeks because it can take up to 70 days after exposure to Listeria for symptoms of listeriosis to develop. 

Symptoms of Listeria infection can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache, and neck stiffness. Specific laboratory tests are required to diagnose Listeria infections, which can mimic other illnesses. 

Pregnant women, the elderly, young children, and people such as cancer patients who have weakened immune systems are particularly at risk of serious illnesses, life-threatening infections, and other complications. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, their infections can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn, or even stillbirth.

(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here.)