New York-based Project Healthy Living Inc., doing business as Aloha Inc., has recalled all packages of it Premium Protein powder in chocolate and vanilla blends because it has received complaints from as many as 17 customers who have reported transient gastrointestinal symptoms consistent with staphylococcal food poisoning. The company said the recalled product has the potential to be contaminated with Staphylococcus enterotoxin. The Aloha Premium Protein products were distributed nationwide from November 2014 through January 2015 directly to consumers through online sales and in New York through a very limited number of retail stores. All sizes of Aloha’s Vanilla and Chocolate Premium Protein blends are included in the recall. The product is packaged and sold in both 14-serving sized steel tins and single-serving sized pouches. The single-serving pouches may be in kits that contain other products not affected by the voluntary recall. The recall follows testing, which Aloha began after learning of the individual customer complaints of gastrointestinal issues. In a statement, Aloha said it is working closely with its manufacturer, co-packers, ingredient suppliers and distribution partners to determine the source and cause of the contamination. Aloha has temporarily ceased production and distribution of the Premium Protein products until further analytical testing can confirm the specific source of the contamination. Aloha has also notified customers via direct e-mail correspondence and created a dedicated website regarding the voluntary recall. All customers who have purchased Aloha’s Premium Protein products should discontinue use and complete the refund form found online at Customers with product remaining are also asked to return the product and its original packaging for further examination. Customers who have purchased Aloha’s Premium Protein products will receive a refund and a store credit. In addition, Aloha will cover 100 percent of the cost of return shipping. The presence of Staphylococcus enterotoxins may be injurious to health and may result in staphylococcal food poisoning. Nausea, vomiting, retching, abdominal cramping, and prostration may occur. In more severe cases, there may be headache, muscle cramping, and transient changes in blood pressure and pulse.