The state of Michigan has issued a public health alert after Listeria monocytogenes was found in a sample of chicken Caesar salad sold at a Sam’s Club deli in suburban Detroit. No illnesses have been reported to date related to the product.

The problem was discovered Monday during routine product sampling at a Sam’s Club store in Novi, MI, according to the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Officials recommended that the product be discarded. The salad is packaged in an 11-ounce clear plastic clamshell container labeled “Chicken Caesar Salad” with the name “Daily Chef” on the label and a sell-by date of July 31, 2014. Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis. Symptoms can include fever, headache and diarrhea or other gastrointestinal problems.