Chicken of the Sea Internationalof San Diego, CA is recalling several product codes of oysters imported from Korea and sold under the Chicken of the Sea, Pacific Pearl and Ace of Diamonds brands.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the canned oysters, and no other codes of oysters or any other Chicken of the Sea products are affected by the recall, which was based on findings by the FDA of unsanitary conditions in the processing of shellfish at specified plants in Korea.
The recall is for:
– Chicken of the Sea Whole Oysters 12/8 oz UPC 4800000267
– Chicken of the Sea Oyster Pieces 24/8 oz UPC 4800000069
– PacificPearl Whole Oysters 12/8 oz UPC 7175902112
– Ace of Diamonds Whole Oysters 24/8 oz UPC 7760015508
– Pacific Pearl Smoked Oyster Water 12/3.75 UPC 7175902119