Health officials in Las Vegas are investigating a norovirus outbreak connected to a youth football tournament that occurred there last week. The Southern Nevada Health District said it has not released a case count, but organizers of the tournament are saying that 90 to 100 children and parents have fallen ill. The health district has also not released information on the number of ill people who went to hospitals, said public information officer Jennifer Sizemore. Approximately 28 people are believed to have been hospitalized, according to CBS News. “The health district is investigating. We’re gathering information, issuing surveys to
Continue Reading Las Vegas Norovirus Outbreak Under Investigation

As many as 80 children and parents have reportedly fallen ill with nausea, diarrhea and vomiting after attending a youth football tournament in Las Vegas last week, according to NBC affiliate News 3. As of Sunday afternoon, the exact cause of illness was still unclear, but at least 13 children and five adults have been treated at hospitals for foodborne illness. All of those who became ill were staying at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. It is unclear if anyone staying at other hotels was treated at hospitals. Food Safety News will update this story as more information
Continue Reading Dozens Sick at Las Vegas Youth Football Tournament With Possible Food Poisoning