Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Seven Sick With E. Coli From Eating Raw Meat in Montreal Restaurant

Seven people are sick from E. coli after eating a raw meat dish at Marché 27 in Montreal.

The owner of the restaurant, Jason Masso, told the CBC that he’s been serving tartare at Marché 27 for six years and has never had a problem until now. He also said that the problem has been addressed and that his restaurant is safe.

Masso admitted his restaurant was the cause, but Quebec’s agriculture ministry is refusing to name the source location. This has drawn criticism from patient advocates who say that the public deserves to know the source of the outbreak.

“[This] information should be known to the public because it is of the utmost public interest, if not health hazard interest,” said Paul Brunet, the chair of Montreal’s Conseil pour la protection des malades.

© Food Safety News
  • notforslaughter

    Was this horsemeat?