Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Las Vegas Salmonella Outbreak Cases Rise to 86

The number of individuals reportedly ill with Salmonella after dining at Firefly in Las Vegas has risen to 86, according to the Southern Nevada Health District.

At least 12 people have been hospitalized.

The restaurant has been closed since Friday, April 26, when health inspectors counted 44 violations during an inspection at the establishment. Those violations included employees handling food without gloves, food stored at unsafe temperatures and food being prepared near cleaning chemicals.

Food safety law firm Marler Clark is representing two patients from Las Vegas who fell ill after eating at the restaurant. Marler Clark underwrites Food Safety News.

Both Tzahi Saloman and his wife Julia fell ill with symptoms of Salmonella the day after visiting Firefly, with Tzahi’s illness growing so severe that he was treated in the emergency room.

© Food Safety News