Kraft Foods Inc. is recalling three varieties of its Velveeta Shells & Cheese single-serve microwaveable cups because small, thin wire bristle pieces may be inside the cups.
The recall includes 137,000 cases of the affected products shipped to customers across the U.S. It does not affect Canada. There have been no reports of consumer injuries or complaints, the company said Friday.
The recall includes the:
– 2.39 ounce Velveeta Shells & Cheese original microwaveable cups with a best-when-used-by date of May 16, 2012 and UPC 2100002322
– Velveeta Shells & Cheese original four-pack microwaveable 2.39-ounce cups that have best-when-used-by dates of April 24, 2012 to May 16, 2012 and a UPC of 2100002339
– the 2.19-ounce Velveeta Shells & Cheese made with 2% milk microwaveable cups with best-when-used-by dates of March 25, 2012 to March 30, 2012 and UPC of 2100002323
– Velveeta Shells & Cheese made with 2% milk four-pack 2.19-ounce microwaveable cups with best-when-used-by dates of March 29, 2012 to April 12, 2012 and UPC 2100002946
– 2.44-ounce Velveeta Rotini & Cheese Broccoli microwaveable cups with best-when-used-by dates of April 29, 2012 to May 14, 2012 and UPC of 2100002318.
No other best-when-used-by dates of Velveeta Shells & Cheese single-serve microwaveable cups or any other Kraft Foods products are being recalled.
Consumers who have any of the recalled products should not eat them and should return them to the store where they were bought for an exchange or full refund. Kraft Foods Consumer Relations can be reached at 1-800-308-1841.© Food Safety News