Food Safety News is looking for a Washington, DC-based reporter to join our team. This is a full-time contract position that will include 3-4 pieces of original reporting as well as a handful of 300-600-word news briefs per week. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in and understanding of food policy and be comfortable conducting phone and in-person interviews with high-level government, food industry and academic sources.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of news reporting experience, which can include reporting for a student publication. Experience writing about food and agricultural issues is a plus.
– BA in Journalism, English, Political Science or related field
– Mastery of the English language
– Knowledge of AP style
– Ability to report on a tight deadline
– A command of journalistic ethics
– Journalism experience
– Familiarity with WordPress or other online content management system
– Background in science, health, agriculture or food writing
– Editing experience
Please email resume, cover letter and 2-3 writing samples to Suzanne Schreck at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 2, 2013 at 4pm Pacific.