Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Wire Brush

Publisher’s Platform: Time to Discard That Wire Brush?

Internal injuries from ingestion of wire grill-cleaning bristles are well documented.  In a single hospital system, 12 patients with injuries due to ingestion of wire bristles were reported between July 2009 and June 2012. The severity of injury ranged from puncture of the soft tissues of the neck, causing severe pain on swallowing, to perforation… Continue Reading