Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Panther cap mushroom

L.A. school garden closed after children sickened by mushroom

Several Los Angeles children were sickened last week after sampling a toxic mushroom growing in a community garden at their neighborhood school. At least two of them, including a 10-year-old boy, were taken to a local hospital for treatment, and the garden is now closed. The culprit was identified as Amanita pantherina, or Panther cap mushroom,… Continue Reading