Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

KFC

KFC’s Recovery in China is Going to Take Some Time

ChinaKFC_406x250

China’s food safety investigation into antibiotics found in chickens served by Yum Brands didn’t result in any fines or other enforcement action. That’s the good news. The bad news for Yum Brands is that recovery is going to take longer than the company predicted and it’s going to put a longer squeeze on profits than… Continue Reading

Lettuce for KFC and Taco Bell in Canada Recalled

choppedromainelettuce-406

FreshPoint in Toronto has officially recalled the California-grown lettuce contaminated with E. coli O157:H7 that it distributed to KFC and Taco Bell restaurants in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec. All the recalled lettuce went to the two fast food chains in Canada, and none was sold by… Continue Reading

Yum! Finds Supply Chains Can Foul Up Food Safety Worldwide

ChinaKFC_406x250

Supply chain failures, first in China and now in Canada, might have Yum! Brands CEO David Novak singing that old Frank Sinatra song about “riding high in April, shot down in May.’” Novak, also a motivational speaker and author, was coming off a year that saw a book published not long after being named as… Continue Reading

Canadian E. coli Outbreak Linked to Lettuce Served at KFC, Taco Bell

lettuce-crate-406

At least 26 E. coli O157:H7 illnesses in northeastern Canada have now been linked to California-grown lettuce served at KFC and Taco Bell outlets, health officials say. Dr. Frank Atherton, Nova Scotia’s deputy chief medical officer, on Friday said health officials believe that is the “common source across three provinces” of the outbreak that sickened… Continue Reading

KFC Wants Out of $8 Million Award for Wheelchair-Bound Girl

AUSFlag_406x250-feat

Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) in Australia opted to appeal the $8 million that a trial court award to a brain damaged teenage girl who was infected with Salmonella from eating a contaminated chicken twister at the fast food restaurant. Monika Samaan, now 14, has already waited more than seven years to be compensated for injuries… Continue Reading