Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Golden Hills Community Church

CDC identifies bacteria that killed 3 who ate church meal

A Thanksgiving Day meal served by a church group in Antioch, CA, that killed three people was evidently contaminated with the bacteria Clostridium perfringens. “Clostridium perfringens is one of the most common foodborne illnesses in the U.S. It can be found in the human intestine without hurting us, but eating food containing large amounts of… Continue Reading

Church dinner at Legion post on Thanksgiving ends in tragedy

The Antioch, CA Thanksgiving dinner tragedy spread beyond one family to cause at least 19 illnesses including three deaths, local health officials say. All the victims attended a Thanksgiving dinner that served 800. It was put on at the Antioch American Legion Hall by the Golden Hills Community Church with food prepared in private homes…. Continue Reading