Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Alex Donley

Real-Life Stories Reveal the True Impact of Foodborne Illness

Alex Donley was a tender-hearted 6-year-old who dreamed of someday being a paramedic when he was stricken with an E. coli infection in 1993 after eating a hamburger made from contaminated ground beef. Four days later, he died in a hospital room after suffering a horrific bout of hemolytic uremic syndrome, a kidney disease stemming… Continue Reading