Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Articles Written by Nancy Donley

Subscribe to this author via RSS

In Defense of Food Safety Leadership

My only child, Alex, died from hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) caused by eating E. coli O157:H7-contaminated ground beef back in 1993 when he was only 6 years old. It was the most horrendous experience possible. His first symptoms were severe abdominal cramping and bowel movements that consisted strictly of blood and mucus. Alex suffered terribly… Continue Reading