King’s Command Foods, LLC in Kent, WA has upped the amount of a recall originally issued on March 9 to now total approximately 63,252 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, according to a new report from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).
The expanded recall now includes 37,114 pounds of Ready-to-Eat (RTE) beef products associated with extraneous material contamination. The meatballs were produced on May 16 and 24, 2016, Aug. 11, 2016 and Oct. 5, 2016. Products subject to recall now include:
- 28-lb. case bulk packages of “FULLY COOKED MEATBALLS” bearing case code 72355 with packaging dates of 5-16-16, 5-24-16, 8-11-16 and 10-05-16.
- 10-lb. case bulk packages of “FULLY COOKED Certified Angus Beef Brand MEATBALLS” bearing case code 72090.
- 10-lb. case bulk packages of “FULLY COOKED Certified Angus Beef Brand MEATBALLS” bearing case code 72092.
On March 9, 2017, King’s Command Foods, LLC. recalled approximately 26,138 pounds of ground beef products produced on Oct. 13 and 24, 2016. The following products are subject to recall:
- 28-lb. case bulk packages of “FULLY COOKED MEATBALLS” bearing case code 72354.
- 28-lb. case bulk packages of “FULLY COOKED MEATBALLS” bearing case code 72355.
- 15-lb. case packages containing 96 pieces of 2.5 oz. “FULLY COOKED SOUTHERN FRIED Beef Steak Fritter for Chicken Fried Steak” bearing case code 72559.
- 15-lb. case packages containing 240 pieces of “FULLY COOKED COUNTRY FRIED BREADED BEEF FINGERS” bearing case code 72208.
- 15-lb. case packages containing 60 pieces of “FULLY COOKED SOUTHERN FRIED BEEF STEAK FRITTER” bearing case code 72568.
- 15-lb. case packages containing 80 pieces of “FULLY COOKED CHICKEN FRIED BEEF FRITTERS” bearing case code 72564.
- 10-lb. case packages containing 40 pieces of “FULLY COOKED SOUTHERN FRIED BEEF STEAK FRITTER FOR CHICKEN FRIED STEAK” bearing case code 72206.
- 10-lb. case packages containing 64 pieces of 2.5 oz. “FULLY COOKED Southern Style Breaded Beef Steakettes” bearing case code 74917.
- 10-lb. case packages containing 160 pieces of 1.0 oz. “B-E-K-O FULLY COOKED COUNTRY FRIED BEEF FINGERS” bearing case code 72374.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. M1515A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. Some items were shipped to Department of Defense facilities and institutions nationwide.
The foreign material was discovered when company officials received several consumer complaints stating that metal objects were found in the beef products. However, no one is known to have been injured or experienced any adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here.)© Food Safety News