At least two consumers have found pieces of metal in ground beef products from King’s Command Foods LLC, spurring the company to recall more than 13 tons of meatballs and chicken fried steaks nationwide.
In addition to having been shipped to retailers, some of the recalled products went to U.S. Department of Defense facilities and institutions across the country, according to the recall notice posted by USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service on Thursday.
“There have been no confirmed reports of injuries or adverse reactions due to consumption of these products,” according to the recall notice.
“Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.”
All of the 26,138 pounds of recalled ground beef products have the establishment number “EST. M1515A” inside the USDA mark of inspection on their labels. The products were produced on Oct. 13 and 24, 2016.
Consumers, foodservice operators and retailers can identify the recalled meatballs and chicken fried steaks by looking for the following label information:
- 28-lb. Case bulk packages of “FULLY COOKED MEATBALLS” bearing case code 72354.
- 28-lb. Case bulk packages of “FULLY COOKED MEATBALLS” bearing case code 72355.
- 15-lb. Case packages containing 96 pieces of 2.5 oz. “FULLY COOKED SOUTHERN FRIED Beef Steak Fritter for Chicken Fried Steak” bearing case code 72559.
- 15-lb. Case packages containing 240 pieces of “FULLY COOKED COUNTRY FRIED BREADED BEEF FINGERS” bearing case code 72208.
- 15-lb. Case packages containing 60 pieces of “FULLY COOKED SOUTHERN FRIED BEEF STEAK FRITTER” bearing case code 72568.
- 15-lb. Case packages containing 80 pieces of “FULLY COOKED CHICKEN FRIED BEEF FRITTERS” bearing case code 72564.
- 10-lb. Case packages containing 40 pieces of “FULLY COOKED SOUTHERN FRIED BEEF STEAK FRITTER FOR CHICKEN FRIED STEAK” bearing case code 72206.
- 10-lb. Case packages containing 64 pieces of 2.5 oz. “FULLY COOKED Southern Style Breaded Beef Steakettes” bearing case code 74917.
- 10-lb. Case packages containing 160 pieces of 1.0 oz. “B-E-K-O FULLY COOKED COUNTRY FRIED BEEF FINGERS” bearing case code 72374.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here.)© Food Safety News