Greencore USA Inc., of North Kingstown, RI, is recalling more than 1,300 pounds of meat wraps, poultry wraps and salads that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection and outside of inspection hours, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The meat and poultry wraps and salad items were produced on April 7, 14, 18, 21 and 25. The following products are included in the recall (see all labels here):
- 7.7-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS SOUTHWEST STYLE STEAK WRAP” with use-by dates of 4/10/2016 and 4/24/2016.
- 8.2-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS THAI-STYLE PEANUT CHICKEN WRAP” with use-by dates of 4/10/2016 and 4/17/2016.
- 9.5-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS ZESTY CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN SALAD BOWL” with a use-by date of 4/28/2016.
- 7.8-oz. packages of “HANNAFORD ITALIAN PESTO WRAP” with a use-by date of 4/25/2016.
- 7-oz. packages of “HANNAFORD ASIAN-STYLE SALAD” with a use-by date of 4/30/2016.
- 9.9-oz. packages of “TURKEY HILL FRESH TO GO GRILLED CHICKEN RANCH WRAP” with a use-by date of 4/23/2016
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-45540” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to distributors for retail sale in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.
FSIS inspectors discovered the problem while reviewing establishment records during verification activities.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers with questions about the recall should contact Greencore USA’s food recall coordinator at (978) 716-2530, ext. 2543.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here.)
© Food Safety News