A restaurant in Exeter in the United Kingdom is facing a lawsuit from 193 diners who say they were sickened with norovirus after eating there just before Easter of this year.
Plaintiffs in the lawsuit say that a franchise location of the Toby Pub & Carvery did not immediately shut down after becoming aware of a norovirus problem, but instead only cleaned the premises overnight.
According to the lawsuit, the first positive test from a patron came on March 29, and yet the restaurant stayed open until April 7. In the meantime, many more people reported dining at the restaurant and subsequently falling ill with vomiting and diarrhea.
Restaurant managers have said that they’re taking the matter seriously and that hygiene is of primary importance.© Food Safety News