At least 32 people in four states are now ill with E. coli O157:H7 after eating salads and wraps sold at Trader Joe’s and other retailers and produced by Glass Onion Catering, according to the latest update by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The number ill by state is as follows:
Arizona (1 illness), California (27), Texas (1), and Washington (3).
Seven people have been hospitalized.
Illness onset dates range from Oct. 13 to Oct. 26, 2013.
Reports of the outbreak earlier this month prompted a recall of numerous products from Glass Onions’ facilities.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture released a complete list of retailers carrying recalled products in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. That list includes Trader Joe’s, Walgreens and Whole Foods stores.
The illnesses are linked to a number of products sold at Trader Joe’s and other retailers:
- 12 oz. packages of “delish pan pacific chop salad”
- 13.4 oz. packages of “delish California style grilled chicken salad”
- 9.9 oz. packages of “delish uncured applewood smoked ham & cheese wrap”
- 10.5 oz. packages of “delish grilled chicken caesar wrap”
- 10.9 oz. packages of “delish southwestern chicken wrap”
- 11.5 oz. packages of “delish greek brand low-calorie grilled chicken wrap”
- 9.9 oz. packages of “delish white chicken club wrap”
- 11.2 oz. packages of “delish asian style chicken wrap”
- 13.4 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Southwestern Style White Chicken Wrap with Chimichurri Sauce”
- 10.5 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Asian Style White Chicken Wrap with Mango Vinaigrette”
- 9.9 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Grilled White Chicken Caesar Wrap with Caesar Dressing”
- 10.7 oz. packages of “super fresh Foods California Grilled Chicken Salad, Low Fat Mendocino Mustard Dressing”
- 10.7 oz. packages of “Lunch Spot Southwestern Style Chicken Wrap, Chile & Lime Dressing”
- 9.2 oz. packages of “super fresh Foods Pan Pacific Chopped Chicken Salad, Ginger Soy Dressing”
- 10.7 oz. plastic containers of “TRADER JOE’S Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken”
- 11 oz. plastic containers of “TRADER JOSÉ’S MEXICALI SALAD with Chili Lime Chicken”
On Wednesday, Whole Foods added two salad products to the recall. Both products have been pulled from all venues and carry an expiration date between Nov. 9 and Nov. 13. Four PLUs are associated with these salads:
- 28563300000- Artichoke Wheatberry Salad
- 28563400000- Artichoke Wheatberry Salad
- 28563700000- Southwest SooFoo Salad
- 28563800000- Southwest SooFoo Salad