These products with the accompanying lot codes are subject to recall:
- Vitae Cockatiel with Sunflower 2lbs (#2840081)
- Vitae Cockatiel with Sunflower 4lbs (#2840090)
- Vitae Small Hookbill 4lbs (#2840225)
- Vitae Small Hookbill 20lbs (#2840234)
- Vitae Hookbill with Sunflower 4lbs (#2840252)
- Vitae Large Hookbill 4lbs (#2840279)
These products were shipped between May 2012 and February 2013.
Humans may contract Salmonella by handling contaminated animal feed.
“This recall was the result of a routine testing performed by Specialty Commodities, which revealed that the finished products, which include parsley that is on recall from Specialty Commodities, contain Salmonella,” a recall notice read. ”The company has ceased the production and distribution of the product as FDA and the company continue their investigation as to what caused the problem.”© Food Safety News