North Park Deli of Concord, CA shut its doors Tuesday after people who had attended an event catered by the business that weekend began to report gastrointestinal symptoms, reported the Contra Costa Times.
Tests eventually revealed that two employees who had catered the event had been infected with norovirus. Health officials concluded that the employees were the likely source of the outbreak.
An estimated 100 people attended the event, and nearly 50 reported gastrointestinal symptoms that indicated a norovirus infection, according to the Times.
The deli shut its doors Tuesday at the request of the Contra Costa County Environmental Health Department, which was in charge of the investigation, but reopened on Thursday.
© Food Safety News