Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Sam’s Club Recalls Smoked Salmon for Listeria Potential

Product sold at Walmart and Sam's Clubs nationwide

A Florida-based company is recalling its smoked salmon, sold nationwide at Sam’s Club, because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

Tampa Bay Fisheries, Inc. of Dover, FL, in partnership with Multiexport Foods, Inc. of Miami, FL, issued a voluntary recall of its smoked salmon twin packs and its 1.25 lb. packs after Listeria was discovered in a sample of the fish.

Product subject to the recall was distributed between November 12 and December 21 to retail outlets in Puerto Rico and 42 states, including Alabama, Arkansas, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado,  Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Montana, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Virginia, Wisconsin and West Virginia.

The smoked salmon subject to this recall is sold in 12 oz. or 1.25 pound packs. The 1.25 pound packs are sold under the brand name “Paramount Reserve.”  The 12 oz. packages are marked with UPC 6 88264 86705 0, and the UPC code for the 1.25 lb pack is 6 88264 86664 0.  The lot-sublot-batch codes can be found on a sticker on the back of the package, and are as follows:

Twin Pack 12 oz 1.25 lb Pack
931-59733-2 870-701342-1
933-59753-1 873-701342-1
933-59754-2 870-701344-1
875-701413-1 873-701360-1
890-701413-1 870-701364-1
873-701364-1
900-701344-1
873-701344-1
873-701360-1
886-701413-1
900-701413-1
873-701344-1
870-701360-1

No illnesses have been linked to the consumption of this product.

Sam’s Club has notified customers who may have bought the product of the recall, and provides information about the recall on its website.

Consumers who have purchased the affected product should not eat it should either discard it or return it to its point of purchase.

© Food Safety News