TWI Foods of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada products is recalling Crispy brand cookies and rusk, a hard crisp bread, because they may contain milk and almonds, allergens not declared on the label.
There have been no adverse reactions reported.
The Canadian-manufactured cookies were sent to 28 United States distributors in 15 states including California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Texas, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon and Washington.
The recalled cookies and rusk are:
- Crispy Pistachio Cookies, UPC 6 27265 00601 3, 400 g
- Crispy Pistachio Cookies, UPC 6 27265 00161 2, 200 g
- Crispy Almond Cookies, UPC 6 27265 00120 9, 400 g
- Crispy Almond Cookies, UPC 6 27265 00520 7, 200 g
- Crispy Coconut Cookies, UPC 6 27265 00121 6, 400 g
- Crispy Coconut Cookies, UPC 6 27265 00521 4, 200 g
- Crispy Almond Cake Rusk, UPC 6 27265 00217 6, 750 g
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is monitoring the recall in collaboration with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and public health agencies in those states where the products have been distributed.
For more information, consumers and industry can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342/TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday).© Food Safety News