One illness has been reported, and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Loblaw Companies Ltd. are warning the public not to consume President’s Choice Organics infant cereals because the products may have an unpleasant rancid odor, or taste.
The cereal importer, Loblaw Companies Ltd. of , Toronto, Ontario, is recalling all lot codes of the following President’s Choice Organics infant cereal:
– Mixed Grains with Apple (add water) 8+baby, 227 g, UPC 060383 005511
– Oat cereal (add breast milk or infant formula) 6+baby, 227 g, UPC 060383 005535
– Oat Cereal (add water) 6+baby, 227 g, UPC 060383 005528
– Rice Cereal with Banana (add water) 7+ baby, 227 g, UPC 060383 005542
– Rice Cereal (add breast milk or infant formula) 6+baby, 227 g, UPC 060383 005566
– Rice Cereal (add water) 6+ baby, 227 g, UPC 060383 005559
– Wheat Cereal (add water) 6+ baby, 227 g, UPC 060383 005573
– Wheat Cereal with Mixed Fruit (add water) 7+ baby, 227 g, UPC 060383 005580
The affected products have been distributed nationally in Canada. See the recall notice for photographs of all the recalled cereals.
In its recall alert, the CFIA said the cereal should not be consumed if has an unusual odor or smells “off.” Infants fed any of the recalled cereal should not be fed any more of it, and should be monitored for symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea. “If you have any concerns, please seek medical attention,” the CFIA advised.© Food Safety News